Enter at your own risk......

Please take a few minutes to check out all of my sites.

http://www.desertheatradio.com - No ads - music 24/7 - live dj's that will rock your world!!!

http://www.thebdsmchat.com (don't let the name scare you away - we talk about everything there - come on in make yourself at home!!!)

http://www.ravenskyes.com

http://www.scammersexposedbydjcatlady.com





Sunday, September 22, 2024

Morning Coffee Thoughts....

 


So, it has been almost a year - September 25 will be a year exactly, since I was attacked and my wrist broken. Now, I face a second surgery that will hopefully fix it for good.


The guy who attacked me had a signature bond and skipped state.  He has not shown up for court and has FTA warrants out for him.


Living with limited use of my left hand for a year has been challenging to say the least. Daily pain has frustrated me because I am typically an active person, now my activities are limited to how the wrist feels at any given moment. 


Victim services suck. They claim they are there to help but they have done absolutely nothing to help me. I have filled out their paperwork, sent it back in and still nothing. 


I dread surgery and look forward to it at the same time. I dread having a cast for 9 weeks instead of 6. I get upset because this never should have happened in the first place. One person's addiction and need to get a fix and boom.....


Addicts cannot / will not see the effect their actions have on others, nor do they ever want to take responsibility for their own actions. Victims, like me, wait forever for any kind of justice while the addict is out there enjoying their addiction. Sometimes we pray they end up ODing..... Sad, but very true when the justice system has failed us we pray for any type of justice.


With my surgery coming up very soon I dread the recovery time. I dread being forced to be dependent on others and not being able to do certain things myself. It is humiliating not to be able to put my own hair in a pony tail. I can right now, but after the surgery I will not be able to for weeks. No YT video has even been helpful on how to do it one handed either......


I have only told a handful of people the exact date of surgery because I wish to keep that private. I will be posting pix before and after, once I get home and settled in. It is a same day surgery but a longer one than the first. My wrist now requires extensive reconstruction which means I will forever have plates and screws in it.


The guy who injured me doesn't care that he maimed me for life. All he cared about was getting to town to get his meth. 


The whole experience has taught me a lot though. I have learned to be more jaded, cynical.  I am less trusting now. I also learned that no matter what I must teach my body to alter how it does things so I am not so dependent on others. The last part has been the hardest because of the loss of most function in the left hand.


There is no nerve damage and all the fingers work. The hand has no strength and limited mobility. But, figuring out how to adapt is a learning process and , although frustrating, is also educational. It can also be satisfying because you feel happy when you figure out a new way to do something.


Over the next couple of months I may not post as much because the left hand will be unable to type for a while. Using talk to text sucks because mine is psycho due to my left over accent. be patient with me during the healing process. Once the cast comes off I should be back and able to pen more great articles like before the injury.


Thank you and have a blessed day folks!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Your message has been sent to the moderator for approval and shall appear very soon!